Thursday 22 March 2012

Peyton Manning press conference: Manning?s opening statement

"Thank you very much, John [Elway]. Thank you, Mr. [Patrick]�Bowlen. I'm very excited to begin the next chapter of my playing career for the Denver Broncos. Starting with Mr. Bowlen, I can tell that this organization is committed to winning. The Broncos, they do have incredible fans, they love this team, and this truly is a special football environment. I am glad to be a part of it.

[Related: Peyton Manning, Broncos make it official: Five years, $96 million]

"I really appreciate and am grateful for the time given to me by several impressive organizations and individuals during this process. But in the end, I felt that the Broncos were a great fit. I've always had a great deal of respect for John Elway. He is one of the best quarterbacks to ever play, and his knowledge of the game is evident in everything he does. Talking football with John, with coach [John] Fox and his staff, helped me realize that this is a great place to be. I called John Elway Monday morning, and let him know that I wanted to be a Denver Bronco.

"I am thrilled to be here, and I am looking forward to meeting my new teammates and doing everything I can to help this franchise win another Super Bowl.

[Dan Wetzel: Peyton Manning must reward Broncos' faith by winning big]

"I'm going to wear No. 18 for the Denver Broncos. I had the privilege of speaking with Frank Tripucka this morning. It really goes against everything I believe in, being a guy who appreciated the history of football -- when a number is retired, it should stay retired. But in talking with Frank Tripucka, I feel that he really wants me to wear his number, and it was a very humbling conversation. I'm honored to wear his number, being another quarterback for the Denver Broncos, as Mr. Tripucka was, back years ago as the first quarterback to play here. It truly is an honor for me, and I am truly following his wishes to wear it, because that's what he wants me to do.

"Thank you very much -- I'll be glad to answer your questions."

More NFL content on Yahoo! Sports

Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:

? Steve Megargee: Yancy Gates rebounds from suspension and helps Cincinnati reach the Sweet 16
? President Obama likely doing better than you are with bracket heading into the Sweet 16
? WR Hines Ward retires as a 'Steeler for life'

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-press-conference-manning-opening-statement-195905426.html

Paul Cameron Diaz Marc Anthony Sandra Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment