Tuesday 5 June 2012

Chad Ochocinco gets robbed, mourns loss of Starbucks gold card

Chad Ochocinco took to Twitter after someone broke into his car and stole his wallet and iPod on Wednesday. He posted a two-minute video detailing the theft. Within hours, a follower's mother had found the wallet in a dumpster and it was returned with only one item missing: his Starbucks gold card. Ocho was predictably devastated about the loss.

"I earned the gold card," Ochocinco said, via the Boston Herald.�"You know how many coffees I've had to drink and lemon loafs I've had to purchase to get to that gold card? Like, I had $220 left on my Starbucks card. Not just any Starbucks card, but a gold Starbucks card."

We can sympathize. It's not the money that's the issue, it's the extinguishing of a dream. When I get my lunch sandwich card punched at Ize's Deli and Bagelry, I do it for the same reason that Michael Phelps wakes up at 4:30 a.m. for swim practice. I'm chasing a dream. Sure, the $5.79 I'll save on my ninth sandwich is a motivating factor, but that's not why I do it. I keep that card tucked away in my wallet for the sense of satisfaction I'll get when that final space is punched. I -- nay -- we did it.

Ochocinco's story has a happy ending. A Starbucks representative responded to his tweets and vowed to send him a new card. Crisis averted.

Other popular content on the Yahoo! network:
? Robert Griffin III will be first NFL player with Roman numerals on jersey
? See the amazing edible tribute to Thunder's James Harden
? Shine: Popular kids' drinks you should avoid

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/chad-ochocinco-got-robbed-mourns-loss-starbucks-gold-144530062.html

Jennifer Lopez Davis Beyonce Knowles Kate Middleton

No comments:

Post a Comment