Thursday 2 August 2012

The remorseful Aaron Berry emerges, enters NFL?s substance abuse program

Now that former Detroit Lions cornerback Aaron Berry is in quite a bit of legal trouble (that's what happens when you allegedly point a gun at three people the day after you enter a diversion program to defer your recent DUI) and has been released from his ex-NFL team, he has released a statement through his agent, expressing his feelings on everything that has transpired in the last month.

"Words cannot describe how embarrassed I am right now. I've let my family, my teammates, my coaches and the entire Detroit Lions organization, including the fans down and I'm so sorry. I know it sounds crazy to some people, but I know I will continue to get better and grow from this unfortunate experience, I have no choice but to get better.

"There are always two sides to every story, and the legal process will be where I will tell my side regarding this recent incident. I love the game of football and still feel I have a bright future ahead of me. I worked my butt off this off-season and I hope to be able to help some team in the NFL win games as I continue to grow as a father, friend, teammate and into the man I want to be.

"I want to thank Coach [Jim] Schwartz, Coach [Gunther] Cunningham, (general manager) Martin Mayhew and all the Lions staff, players and fan base for such a wonderful opportunity where I was able to showcase my football skills. Again, I'm so sorry for letting you all down."

One hopes that Berry, who's just 24 years old, can figure it out and get past all this stuff. The first step, of course, will be to turn that remorse into legitimate and long-lasting action.

Audie Attar, Berry's agent, said in a statement that Berry is "heading to Chicago [on Tuesday] to enter the NFL's substance-abuse program where he will meet with a team of physicians.�He will continue with a similar program in California to ensure he is learning more about himself."

Berry also awaits the result of Roger Goodell's "learning about him" process -- the commissioner has been surprisingly quiet about this offseason's crime wave, but you know the hammer will drop at some point. Berry, as a repeat offender on a team too well-known for offseason "escapades," could be very much in line for lost time.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/remorseful-aaron-berry-emerges-enters-nfl-substance-abuse-222321000--nfl.html

Davis Beyonce Knowles Kate Middleton Britney spears

No comments:

Post a Comment